70 Saudi soldiers killed in a Yemeni assault in Marib Governorate

Support SouthFront

After making several advancements in last 72 hours, the Houthis and Yemeni Army have been rapidly advancing towards the provincial capital of the Marib Governorate.

70 Saudi soldiers killed in a Yemeni assault in Marib Governorate

It is reported that, today afternoon, after a fierce battle the Yemeni Army’s Republican Guard and the Houthi Forces killed over 70 fighters from the Saudi-led Coalition at the Al-Maas Camp in the Marib Governorate.

The Yemeni news site “AlJabhah” reported that the Yemeni forces devastated the Saudi-led Coalition Forces en route to seizing much of the Al-Mass camp that is used by the Saudi Army to launch attacks against the Yemeni Army and Houthis.

“At least 70 saudi soldiers are killed and many wounded in this ongoing battle,” a battlefield reporter said.

The reporter also said that after making several advancements in last 72 hours, the Houthis and Yemeni Army have been rapidly advancing towards the provincial capital of the Mareb Governorate.

On Thursday the United Nations relief chief warned against the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Yemen and urged warring sides to protect civilians.

70 Saudi soldiers killed in a Yemeni assault in Marib Governorate

“All parties in this conflict have an obligation under international humanitarian law to take every measure to ensure civilians and civilian objects are protected,” Stephen O’Brien told the UN Security Council by teleconference on Thursday.

Since Saudi Arabia launched its military aggression in Yemen March last year, more than 8,300 people including 2,236 children were killed. The Saudi led airstrikes also devastated the country’s service infrastructures such as hospitals, schools, food storage and delivery system.

 

Support SouthFront

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *