The US-Taliban ceasefire that put an end to attacks on US-forces in Afghanistan but did not stop the Taliban expansion in the country. Over the past weeks, the Taliban has been developing an advance on the Kandahar provincial capital delivering powerful blows to pro-government forces. Local sources and authorities describe the situation as critical and say that the Kabul government must do something immediately if it does not want to lose the second largest city of Afghanistan.
- The Taliban continues its advance on Kandahar. Most intense clashes between government forces and Taliban are ongoing in the Laskargah area;
- 4 civilians were wounded in a bicycle bomb blast at Alokozay Square of Mazar-i-Sharif city;
- A gunfight at Kabul University continues five hours after a group of gunmen entered the university compound. 20 people have reportedly died in the attack so far;
- ISIS attacked an Afghanistan army vehicle in Jalalabad city allegedly killing and wounding 6 personnel;
- 4 soldiers and security guards died due to a Taliban shelling on the governor’s house in Kunduz .
Weapons and ammunition captured by Taliban forces:
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- At Least 6 Injured After Blast And Gunmen Attacking Kabul University’s Campus
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On November 1, 2020 (Map Update)