On January 7, the Ethiopian National Defense Force announced its troops had killed or captured several top officials of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF).
The lost of the killed persons included:
- TPLF spokesperson Sekoture Getachew
- Daniel Assefa, the former head of the Tigray Finance Bureau
- Zeray Asgedom and Abebe Asgedom, two other core members of the TPLF
The head of Defense Forces Deployment Department, General Tesfaye Ayalew, added that nine other TPLF leaders were arrested following a joint operation conducted by the army and security forces.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- At Least 220 Killed In Ethiopia’s Ethnic Massacre, At Least 42 Militants
- Civil War In Ethiopia: Conflict Developments And Background