A brief overview of the recent developments in the Tigray conflict:
- On December 13, Prime Minister of Sudan Abdalla Hamdok met with Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed in Addis Ababa to discuss the situation in Tigray and other security questions;
- On December 12, the first non-governmental aid convoy reached Mekelle town since fighting started, according to Ethiopian officials;
- About 36,000 refugees from Tigrayans are living in extremely difficult conditions in Refugee camps in Sudan, according to Sudan’s officials;
- US State Department stated the presence of Eritrean forces in the Ethiopian Tigray region is a dangerous development and Eritrean forces must withdraw immediately.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Eritrean Armed Forces Entered Civil War In Ethiopia
- Internal Ethiopian War Draws To A Close, But Has It Damaged Neighboring Sudan Too Much