In a televised speech on April 13, the secretary general of the Lebanese movement Hezbollah Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said US President Donald Trump’s threats “have not and will not frighten neither Syria, nor Iran, nor Russia, nor the resistance movements, nor the peoples of the region.”
Trump recently threatened that the US is going to attack the government of President Bashar al-Assad. The US President justified this threat by claiming that the Assad government had been behind the alleged chemical weapons attack in Douma on April 7. Damascus rejected the accusation and said militants in the area had made up the “chemical fabrications” to undermine the Syrian Army’s advance.
Nasrallah added that Hezbollah condemns the use of chemical weapons in any battle adding the Douma incident was “a play.” He further added that chemical weapons attack accusations appear every time as the Syrian Army advances.
The Hezbollah also claimed that the Trump administration “has no strategic vision for anything.”
“With such a president and an administration, the whole world has the right to worry,” Narsallah noted.
The Hezbollah secretary general went further and said that Trump administration’s new military action will an act of aggression against peoples of the region. Narsallah said the US will lose in a such a campaign.