You can read this article in German. LINK
Yemen’s Ansar Allah movement (more widely known as the Houthis) has declared that it is ready to respond to any US move to designate it as a terrorist organization.
“America is the source of terrorism,” Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council twitted on January 11. “The Trump administration’s policy and actions are terrorist. We reserve the right to respond to any designation issued by the Trump administration or any administration.”
The statement came in response to the declaration of intention to designate the Houthis a terrorist group by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. The outcoming Trump administration also intended to designate three Houthi leaders – Abdul Malik al-Houthi, Abd al-Khaliq Badr al-Din al-Houthi, and Abdullah Yahya al Hakim – as “Specially Designated Global Terrorists.”
The interesting thing is that the United States in fact aims to designate the Houthis for their resistance to the Saudi intervention in Yemen and missile and drone strikes on Saudi Arabia. At the same time, Washington prefers to ignore the fact that all actions of the Houthis are retaliation to the Saudi intervention and the extensive bombing campaign against civilian and infrastructure targets in Yemen.
Meanwhile in Yemen:
- The Liaison and Coordination Officers’ Operations Room (loyal to Ansar Allah) reported 204 ceasefire violations in al-Hudaydah during the past 24 hours;
- On January 10, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted airstrikes on the Zahir area;
- On January 10, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted airstrikes on the Maheliyah area;
- On January 11, clashes between Ansar Allah and Saudi-led forces continued in the Nakhla area east of Madghal;
- On January 10, an IED exploded in Al-Arish district. No casualties were reported;
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Pompeo Vows To Designate Houthis As Terrorists, Iran Warns Against Any Aggression In Persian Gulf
- ‘14 Minutes Of Torture’: New Video Summarizes Houthis Achievements During 2020
- Saudi Proxies Repelled Houthi Attack In Yemeni Province Of Marib (Map Update)