Pro-Turkish sources claim that tensions are groinwg within units of Marshal Khalifa Haftar’s Libyan National Army in the city of Sirte. Reports argue that on February 1, clashes within the LNA erupted in the city and lasted for several hours. This, according to Turkish supporters, should indicate that the LNA influence in the region is crumbling. At the same time, Turkish proxies themselves have no real chances to capture Sirte anytime soon.
- On February 1, internal clashes between forces of the Libyan National Army (LNA) were reported in the city of Sirte;
- On February 2, the Turkish Ministry of Defense announced that the Libyan soldiers who underwent a training course in Turkey had returned to Libya;
- On February 1, a Libyan delegation of about 70 individuals departed for Geneva to designate an interim prime minister and Presidential council.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Amazighs Of Libya Aim To Establish Own Administrative Region, Reject Referendum On Draft Constitution
- Turkey Is Still Deploying Syrian Mercenaries In Libya: Monitoring Group