- The Defense and Interior ministers announced on August 10 that their forces are fully ready to ensure people’s safety during the three days of Eid al-Adha;
- The Taliban seized the Seyuri district center in Zabul province, the group claims;
- At least 5 government troops were killed and 7 others were wounded in a Taliban attack on the provincial capital of Ghazni, the Taliban said;
- 18 government troops were killed and 7 others were wounded, and 3 vehicles were destroyed in a Taliban attack on the military convoy in the Dayak district, Ghazni province, the group’s media wing says;
- 6 Taliban members were killed in government operations across the province of Wardak.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: