- At least 14 people were killed and over 145 others including women and children were wounded in a car bomb explosion that targeted a police headquarters in police district 6 (PD6) of Kabul on August 8;
- On August 8, Taliban leader Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada in an Eid message ordered Taliban members to take all necessary steps to protect people during Eid days;
- The Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee released a report claiming that around 200 Afghan diplomats assigned for abroad missions are missing. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced the report as biased and one-sided;
- Russia may play a role of observer in the expected US-Taliban deal on the settlement on the Afghan conflict, according to a Taliban representative in Qatar;
- An IED blast destroyed a government forces vehicle in the Paghman distric, Kabul province;
- According to the Taliban, over 15 government troops and 3 vehicles were eliminated in Kabul province during the last 6 days;
- 9 government troops were killed and a dozen others were injured in Taliban attacks in the Chak district, Wardak province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: