A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- An IED explosion killed a civilian and injured 2 others in the city of Mazar-e-Sharif in Balkh province;
- 2,219 civilians were killed another 5,170 were wounded in 2019, the Afghan Ministry of Interior reported;
- The Taliban captured the Dzarzab district in Jowzjan province, according to local sources;
- At least 7 soldiers were killed and 11 others were wounded in clashes with the Taliban in the Gultipa district of Kunduz province, the group reported;
- The Taliban announced that its forces killed 4 government troops in Kunduz city.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: