- At least 4 members of security forces were killed and 20 others were wounded in a car bomb explosion in the Ab Band district, Ghazni province;
- Samiullah Popal, the acting police chief of Khogyani district in Ghazni province, was killed in a Taliban attack on July 25;
- Police claimed that government forces had repelled Taliban attacks on the districts of Shorabak, Maywand and Reg, Kandahar province;
- The Taliban claimed its forces had stormed the Khogyani district, Ghazni province killing 21 and wounding 10 pro-government fighters;
- The Taliban claimed that 13 government troops had been killed in the Maiwand district, Kandahar province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: