- At least two US Army soldiers were killed in an apparent insider attack on July 29, US military said. The Taliban claimed that an Afghan soldier shot and killed 4 US soldiers and wounded two others in the Shah Wali Kot district, Kandahar province;
- At least 3 children were killed in a roadside bomb blast in the Spin Boldak district, Kandahar province;
- At least 2 policemen were killed in a Taliban attack in the center of Kapisa province;
- The Taliban ambushed a convoy of government forces in the Maizana district. The group’s media wing claimed that 17 government troops were killed or wounded, and 12 vehicles were destroyed;
- The Taliban claimed that 18 government troops were killed in an attack in the Shamulzai district administration center.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: