- Government troops repelled a Taliban attack on checkpoints the Pusht Rod district, Farah province. According to pro-government sources, over a dozen of Taliban members were killed;
- At least 4 people were killed in a face off between police force members and a number of prisoners in Pul-e-Charkhi prison in Kabul on May 14. 33 people, including 20 police officers, were injured;
- The Defense Ministry claimed that the Taliban had retreated from the Shomolzo district, Zabul province, after a series of clashes with pro-government forces;
- A supposed suicide bomber was shot dead in Wardak;
- 2 Taliban members were reportedly killed in an IED explosion in the Dand-e-Shahabuddin district, Baghlan province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: