- Government forces have launched an anti-Taliban operation in the areas of Dand-e-Shahabuddin, Dand-e-Ghori and Kela Gai of Baghlan province;
- In the period from January to September 2019, 2,563 civilians were killed, and 5,676 were wounded as a result of the ongoing conflict, according to the UNAMA;
- At least 62 people were killed and about 60 others were wounded in two blasts inside a mosque in the Haska Meyna district of Nangarhar province during Friday prayers;
- Zinat Zabe, a Ministry of Finance employee, was killed in a rocket explosion in the Paghman district of Kabul province;
- The Taliban claimed that a helicopter of US-led forces crashed in the Pol-e-Khomri district of Baghlan province;
- The Taliban claimed that its forces had ambushed a foreign convoy in the Charkh district of Logar province. A US soldier was reportedly killed.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: