- Government forces conducted an anti-Taliban operation in the city of Taluqan, Takhar province. Pro-government sources claim that 30 Taliban members were killed and 40 others were injured;
- 6 civilians were killed in a roadside IED blast in the Najrab district, Kapisa province;
- The Taliban claimed that its forces had thwarted a US-led raid against ‘civilians’ in the city of Puli Alam, Logar province;
- 9 pro-government fighters were killed and 7 others were wounded in clashes with the Taliban in the Chaghto district, Ghazni province, the group says;
- Taliban members raided the Farsi district administration center in Herat province. Casualties were reported.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: