- At least 20 security force personnel and 5 civilians were killed and 80 others were wounded in recent clashes with the Taliban in Kunduz city, the Interior Ministry reported;
- The Taliban kicked off an offensive on Pul-e-Khumri city, Baghlan province. Clashes are ongoing;
- The Kabul-Baghlan and Baghlan-Kunduz highways have been closed to traffic because of the Taliban advance in Baghlan province;
- At least 12 civilians were killed in airstrikes on the Garziwan district of Faryab province;
- Clashes between government forces and the Taliban were reported in the Qarabagh district of Ghazni province and the Shalgar district of Ghazni province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: