A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria and Iraq:
- The US Central Command officially confirmed deployment of Patriot air defense systems in Iraq;
- US forces withdrew from the al-Taqaddum Air Base in al-Anbar province;
- Largest Iraqi resistance groups released an official statement saying that US forces remaining in the country will be treated as an occupation force;
- Idlib radicals continue protesting against joint Russian-Turkish patrols and the creation of a security zone along the M4 highway in southern Idlib;
- A sporadic firefight erupted between pro-government forces and Kurdish militias in al-Qamishli. The situation in the city remains tense.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: