A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria and Iraq:
- The Iraqi Parliament voted to expel US forces from Iraq;
- Late on January 5, 3 rockets landed inside the heavily fortified Green Zone in Baghdad, near the US embassy;
- Militants claimed that they destroyed a 14.5mm cannon of the Syrian Army near Aziziyah with an ATGM;
- Syrian helicopters targeted militants’ positions near Maarat al-Numan;
- ISIS reportedly attacked Syrian Army positions in southern Deir Ezzor;
- The US threatened Iraq with sanctions in response to Baghdad’s move to expel US forces.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: