This map provides a general look at the military situation in Syria and Iraq on November 3, 2018. Over the past few days, there have been the following key developments:
- A soldier was killed and seven others were injured in an IED blast in western Mosul, Iraq;
- In the Makhmur region of Iraq, 19 ISIS militants were eliminated in a security operation carried out by government forces;
- 11 ISIS members were eliminated in the Iraqi area of Wadi al-Therthar;
- In the Syrian province of Idlib, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has carried out strikes on positions of radical militants;
- The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have fully halted their operation against ISIS in the Euphrates Valley.
- The US-led coalition has deployed additional troops and equipment near Kobani and kicked off patrols along the Turkish border in an attempt to prevent Turkish strikes on SDF positions there;
- A member of the Raqqa Civil Council was assasinated by ISIS in the city.