- Reports appear that Iran had delivered a new batch of weapons for Iranian-backed groups operating in Syria via the T4 airbase;
- Russia and Turkey have agreed to contribute to “an early start of the Constitutional Committee’s work in every possible way”, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced during a joint press-conference with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on April 8;
- General Commander of the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) Abdi Sahin announced that the Kurdish-dominated group is ready for negotiations with Turkey if it withdraws own forces from Afrin;
- The SDF media wing announced that SDF security forces had neutralized 6 ISIS cells in Raqqah city;
- Syrian government forces near al-Bukamal came under fire from ‘unknown gunmen’;
- Pro-militant sources reported multiple artillery strikes near Maarat al-Numan in southern Idlib;
- Pro-militant sources used old footage of Russian cruise missile strikes to claim that Jisr Shughour was targeted by missiles.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: