A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Turkish-backed factions declared that they accept the ceasefire, but they are not going to withdraw weapons from the demilitarized zone;
- An improvised-explosive device exploded in a Hummer SUV parked near the Iranian embassy in Damascus;
- The AFL claimed on August 2 that its units had killed 3 Turkish service members in a recent special operation in Afrin;
- On August 3, a large explosion rocked al-Sha’irat airbase killing at least 28 service members;
- Abu al-Walid al-Tunisi, a senior commander of al-Qaeda-affiliated Horas al-Din, was killed in an IED attack in Taftanaz.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: