SouthFront Team has received an email from our Russian reader with an interesting opinion about the recent assassination of the porminent commander of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Arseny Pavlov (nickname “Motorola”). Motorola was killed in the elevator yesterday when he was returning home.
The received text:
Is the Ukrainian Army Intelligence so powerful that it’s able to liquidate prominent DPR and LPR commanders? If true, why it ignores the possibility to liquidate the DPR and LPR political leadership in order to impact the political situation in the region? In contrary, it occasionally kills some military commanders, excluded from the media sphere.
Considering a wide expirience of the United States, the USSR and Cuba of various vendetta-style assassinations, it’s hard to believe that:
- If the Ukrainian leadership has the strategic will and possibilities to implement such saboteur actions, they would for sure change the foreign policy course;
- Kiev has ‘genius’ saboteurs that are able to operate successfully ont the adversarial militarized territory, especially, using complicated method of assassination that we observed.
So, the possible explanations of the icident are:
- ‘Motorola’ was killed by American saboteur group with had used the connivance of local authorities;
- The local authorities ‘allow’ the Ukrainian special services and other power brockers to liquidate prominent commanders that are not linked with the local ruling elites;
- Some Ukrainian ‘saboteurs’ have increased their skills and become 007-like agents;
- Play of chance.
Some experts believe that in recent months Moscow has lost some tools of influence on the regional elites in Donbass.
Taking into account the growing activity of Ukrainian radicals and and the increased destructive role of Washington, the modern situation in Donbass gives rise to concern about the possibility to keep Eastern Eruope in, at least, shaky stability.