On December 24th, Azerbaijani soldiers demanded half of the Armenian village of Shurnukh.
The Azerbaijanis were in the village of Shurnukh, delimitation was being carried out. Head of Shurnukh village Hakob Arshakyan told Armenian News.
“They arrived about 20 minutes ago. Required 12 houses. As the headman explained, negotiations are underway. But if the process is carried out using GPS, half of the village will leave for the enemy.”
At government session, on December 24th, Nikol Pashinyan said that the situation in the villages of Vorotan and Shurnukh “could lead to a painful situation.”
It is significant that the residents are informed about the transfer of their houses by the enemies themselves, the Azerbaijani soldiers. In the village of Vorotan, for example, the residents of the houses were given an hour to collect their property. Otherwise, Azerbaijani soldiers threatened the owners of the houses with captivity.
Meanwhile, Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev said that Baku could carry out a military operation on the territory of Armenia, but it simply chose not to do so.
Aliyev gave a Presidential Order on demobilization from military service on mobilization
Guided by paragraph 25 of Article 109 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, in accordance with Article 18.1 of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On mobilization training and mobilization in the Republic of Azerbaijan” I decide:
- Pursuant to the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 2280 of September 28, 2020, conscripts shall be gradually discharged from military service on mobilization from December 25, 2020 to April 15, 2021.
- To the Ministry of Defense of the Azerbaijani Republic and the State Border Service of the Azerbaijani Republic to regularly inform the President of the Azerbaijani Republic on execution of Item 1 of this Order.
- To the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijani Republic to solve the questions following from this Order.
- This Order becomes effective from the date of signing.
Azerbaijani activities on the engineering support for troops in “liberated territories” are carried out.
The units of Engineering Troops are restoring roads and carrying out mine clearing in these roads with the purpose of safe movement of military vehicle convoys. Activities are being carried out to lay new roads in the directions of human settlements and the positions of our units. At the same time, the sowing plots are being cleared of mines and the first sowing has begun there.
At the same time, unexploded shells and mines are detected and defused.
The specialists of the International Mine Action Centre of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation continue work on demining the territory. Engineering units of the Russian peacekeeping forces in Nagorno-Karabakh complete demining of the northern outskirts of Stepanakert.
In total, during the peacekeeping operation in Nagorno-Karabakh, engineering units cleared more than 274 hectares of terrain and about 105 kilometers of roads, 451 residential buildings. More than 8,7 thousand explosive objects were found and neutralized.
In the course of demining and clearing the territory of explosive objects in Nagorno-Karabakh, Russian peacekeepers use modern robotic systems that allow them to maintain a high rate of demining in mountainous terrain and deteriorating weather.
Discovered explosive objects and unexploded ammunition are removed and destroyed at a specially equipped landfill. Ammunition that cannot be evacuated is destroyed on the spot with the necessary security measures in place.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Azerbaijan’s President Gives Example To His People, As Pressure On Pashinyan Continues In Armenia
- Map Update: Military Situation In Nagorno-Karabakh On December 23, 2020