Iraqi security forces have continued the crackdown on ISIS cells across the country. Units of the terrorist group are still capable of carrying out attacks in the central and northern parts of Iraq.
Over the past few days, there have been the following developments related to the Iraqi security:
- Security troops detained two ISIS members in the area of al-Adhim;
- An ISIS member was arrested in the city of Baghdad;
- ISIS cells shelled positions of the government troops in the area of Zeham;
- The death toll from the October 23 car bomb attack in the city of Mosul has grown to 20 people;
- The humanitarian situation in the city of Basra still remains complicated. According to the Norwegian Refugee Council, nearly 280,000 children could be affected by diarrhoea and rashes spread through the unusable water supply.