At night on June 11, servicemen of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (UAF) carried out a diversion attack on the observation post of the Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) forces, killing five members of the LPR People’s Militia. The Ukrainian Armed Forces deny all charges.
Throughout the day, contradictory information was received. Only by the June 11 evening, the situation cleared up.
The attack took place near the settlement of Golubovskoye, by the UAF special forces that presumably belonged to the Center of Special Operations “West”. A group of Ukrainian soldiers crossed the frontline and opened fire, killing five servicemen of the NM LPR. One of the victims was shot dead by sniper fire. Information about prisoners was not confirmed.
The incident scene examination indicates that a war crime was committed. The remaining 4 members of the LNR NM were most likely captured alive and, after interrogation, were killed by point-blank shots to the heads.
Yesterday, as the attack was reported, the head of the self-proclaimed LPR Leonid Pasechnik interrupted his working visit to Russia and urgently returned to Lugansk.
The aims of the diversion attack remain unclear. In fact, the victims were ordinary residents of the Eastern Ukrainian region, who were not of military interest to the enemy. It was not a successful military operation, but a mass murder for molester motives.
There are two main versions of the incident:
1. It was an excessive act, UAF servicemen were simply bored and this was the way they chose to amuse themselves. Such behavior matches the Nazi ideology that is being actively cultivated among the UAF special units and among the servicemen of volunteer battalions.
2. According to the second version, this attack was a planned provocation on the order of the top Ukrainian politicians and was intended to aggravate both the situation on the frontlines, as well as the international situation on the eve of the meeting between Biden and Putin.
President of Ukraine Zelensky accompanied by the Ukrainian General Staff visited the conflict zone the day before the attack, which contributes to the second version. The attack was carried as soon as Zelensky left the conflict zone.
After having visited large-scale military exercises of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, units of the SBU “Alpha” and the National Guard trained by foreign instructors in Mariupol on the coast of the Sea of Azov, Ukrainian President made a loud statement about Kiev’s readiness to resolve the conflict by military means.
In any case, further escalation in the East of Ukraine should be expected.
Obviously, such a crime will not remain unanswered by the LPR and DPR forces. As a result of the retaliatory action, the same ordinary citizens of Ukraine who are now serving in the UAF ranks and may hardly bear responsibility for the current events will pay for the new escalation with their health or lives.
In turn, the retaliatory action will be a good pretext for a new round of nationalist propaganda and military hysteria among the UAF soldiers. This is especially actual amid the newly leaked data on the depressive moral and psychological conditions of the UAF soldiers in the East of Ukraine.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces In Donbass Are Incredibly Demoralized, Survey Shows
- Ukraine Between Biden And A Hard Place
- Ukraine Is Key “Blood Donor” For Turkish Military Industry