On April 17, the Houthis (Ansar Allah) announced that they had carried out another attack on a military base in Saudi Arabia.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, said that a “sensitive military target” in King Khalid Air Base in the southern province of ‘Asir was struck with a Qasef-2K suicide drone.
The Qasef-2K drone is a copy of the Iranian Ababil-2. The drone has a range of up to 150 km and is armed with a high-explosive fragmentation warhead equipped with a proximity fuze. After reaching its destination, the drone blew up 20 meters over the target.
“This attack comes in response to the escalation of the aggression [Saudi-led coalition] and the ongoing siege on our country,” Brig. Gen. Sari said.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the Houthi announcement, so far. Usually, this means that the attack was a complete success.
The Houthis have stepped up their drone and missile attacks on Saudi Arabia in the last few weeks. On April 11, the Yemeni group carried out a large attack with four drones and seven missiles on a number of targets in the Kingdom’s southern province of Jizan.
The Saudi-led coalition foiled some of the Houthi recent attacks. However, many others were successful and resulted in some serious material damage.
- Combat Footage: Houthis Raid Positions Of Sudanese Forces In Yemen’s Hajjah
- Houthis Targeted Oil Facilities, Patriot Systems In Saudi Arabia With 11 Drones & Missiles (Video, Map Update)